This Privacy Statement (“Privacy Statement”) applies to this website (www.livebungalow.com) and other websites, mobile applications, other online products and services, and to personal information collected offline, for example, through a home showing (collectively, the “Services”), operated by Bungalow Living, Inc. (“Bungalow,” “we,” “us,” and “our”). This Privacy Statement also explains the choices you have about the way this information is collected and used.
The Types of Personal Information We Collect
When you use our Services, we collect your personal information. The types of personal information we collect from you depends on the Services and the features you use on the Services. Personal information refers to information that directly identifies, or can be used to determine the identity of, a person. This information may include:
· Account Information. We may collect information from you when you sign up for a membership or register for an account with us. That information may include, among other things, your full name, email addresses, age, birthday, username, password, phone numbers, and other information you provide.
· Payment and Financial Information. We collect payment information, such as your payment card number, expiration date, billing address, and payment account name. We use a third party payment processing company to process your payment information. If you are one of our landlords, we may also directly collect your financial information, such as bank account information, to be able to remit rental payments to you.
· Demographic Information. We may collect your demographic information such as your age, gender, city, state, and country.
· Usage Information. We may collect data about how you and your devices interact with the Services. This could include features you use, the web pages you visit, and the search terms you enter. This could also include data about your devices and the network you use to connect to our services, including IP address, device identifiers, and data about the performance of the services you use on the Services and any problems you experience with them.
· Location Information. We may collect your location information. This information may help us provide recommendations to you based on your location, serve you with advertisements, or direct you to a product or service that we believe may be of interest to you.
· Content and Other Information You Provide to Us. We collect additional content and information that you voluntarily provide us, such as content you submit when you contact us via the Services or by e-mail.
You have choices about the information we collect. When you are asked to provide personal information, you may decline. But if you choose not to provide information that is necessary to provide a product or service, you may not be able to use some of our features, products, or services.
How We Collect Personal Information
We may collect information passively, while you are visiting or interacting with the Services. We call this “passive” collection since you may not know that this information is being collected when you visit or interact with the Services. This information may consist of the following items: website visitors’ IP address, IP address-related information, system Media Access Control address, network configuration information, network device information, browser plug-in type and versions, and operating system.
We may utilize other third party data analytics tools to identify how users engage with the Services and to provide us with information regarding our users.
We also collect information from you directly, at the time that you supply information to us via the Services. For instance, if you contact us to subscribe to our membership and other products or services, ask questions, or provide us feedback about the Services or any of our products or services, we may store your communications, including any personal information you include in them, so we can effectively respond to you. If you do not want us to directly collect your personal information, please do not provide it to us.
We may also collect or receive information from other sources including third party information providers and third party platforms. For example, we use Slack and Facebook to communicate with our members and collect feedback. This information may be used to supplement your profile and it will be combined with other information we collect.
How We Use the Personal Information We Collect
We use your information primarily as necessary to provide you with the Service, including in one or more of the following ways:
· Customize User Experiences. We may use your personal information to create customized experiences, or to provide you information or services tailored to your interests and preferences. We may use your IP address and other similar information to make our websites easier to use and navigate as well as to personalize the content provided on the Services.
· Communications. We also use your information to communicate with you about your membership, account, inquiries, our company, and related news, as well as to send you promotional emails, surveys, newsletters, or notifications.
· Product Improvement. If you choose to subscribe to our membership and other products, participate in our online services, or to register for other Bungalow products or services, we will collect the information that you disclose and analyze the data to discover new facts that could help us better understand our products and services. We may use this information for our internal business purposes, such as research to improve our products and analyses that may help us better market our products.
· Advertising, Marketing, and Promotions. We may use your information for generating web analytics to compile user information for marketing purposes, advertising, conducting marketing analysis, providing you with recommendations for products or services based on your profile, and promotional material planning and distribution.
· Service and Web Services Improvement. We may use the information about your use of our products and services, and your other activities on the Services to monitor user traffic patterns and to try to analyze what our users prefer, so that we can design better products and services. We may analyze the information that is collected with cookies and other tracking technologies to help us improve our function and to modify the services and information that we provide.
· Other Legitimate Business Reasons. We may also use your information for other legitimate business reasons.
With Whom & Why We Share Personal Information
We may share or disclose your personal information to the following categories of entities and for the following reasons:
· With our affiliates, strategic partners, agents, third-party marketers, or other unaffiliated parties who are offering products or services that we believe may be of interest to you or who require your personal information, for research, administrative, and/or internal business purposes;
· With third parties, to assist us in operating the Services, conducting our business, providing our services to you, and for our marketing and advertising purposes;
· To third parties, for any corporate reorganization process including, but not limited to, mergers, acquisitions, and sales of all or substantially all of our assets; and
· With law enforcement, government agencies, and other third parties, for complying with the law, enforcing our website policies, or protecting our or others’ rights, property, or safety.
We may choose to share aggregate and non-personal information with third parties for any reason.
Notice Regarding Public Posting Areas
Please note that some of your profile information may be exposed publicly when you participate in the Services, such as by posting content, chatting with other users, or commenting on content. PLEASE BE EXTREMELY CAREFUL WHEN DISCLOSING ANY INFORMATION IN PUBLIC POSTING AREAS. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE BY OTHERS OF THE INFORMATION THAT YOU DISCLOSE IN PUBLIC POSTING AREAS.
Security of Your Information
We implement security measures we believe are reasonable to protect your information. It is important that you protect and maintain the security of your account credentials and you need to immediately notify us of any unauthorized use of your account. We may use third-party products and services to secure or store your information. Please understand that no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Consequently, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us. Understand that any information that you transfer to us is done at your own risk. If we learn of a data security systems breach we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. By using the Services or providing personal information to us, you agree that we can communicate with you electronically regarding security, privacy, and administrative issues relating to your use of the Services. We may post a notice via the Services if a security breach occurs. We may also send an email to you at the email address you have provided to us in these circumstances. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive written notice of a data privacy or security breach. If you have reason to believe that your personal information that we have collected or our system security has been breached, please notify us by e-mailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Accessing and Controlling Your Information
If you have an account on our Services you can access and edit the information you provided to us through individual settings in the Services. If you want to delete your account and information on our Services, please contact us directly by emailing your request for account termination to email@example.com.
Opting Out of Marketing Communications
You may also opt-out of commercial communications by contacting us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or clicking the “unsubscribe” link in one of our marketing e-mails. We will process your requests as soon as possible, but please be aware that it may take us some time to respond to your request and, in some circumstances regarding opt-out requests, you may receive a few more messages until your request is processed.
Children’s Personal Information
Our Services are not intended for children under the age of 13, and we do not knowingly collect any personal information from such children. Children under the age of 13 should not use our Services at any time. If we learn that we have collected personally identifiable information from a child under the age of 13 we will delete such information as quickly as possible.
Our Services may link to third-party websites from companies other than Bungalow, such as to relevant online resources, our partners’ websites, and other third-party websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of such other websites. If you have any questions about how these other websites use your information, you should review their policies and contact them directly. We are not responsible for the actions of third parties.
Third Party Advertisers
We may use advertisers, third-party ad networks, and other advertising companies to serve advertisements on the Services. Please be advised that such advertising companies may gather information about your visit to the Services or other websites (such as through cookies, web beacons, and other technologies) to enable such advertising companies to market products or services to you, to monitor which ads have been served to your browser and which webpages you were viewing when such ads were delivered. If you would like to learn more about this practice, and know your choices with respect to it, please visit here.
AGAIN, PLEASE NOTE THAT THIS PRIVACY STATEMENT DOES NOT COVER THE COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION BY SUCH THIRD-PARTY SITES AND ADVERTISERS.
In the event that all or part of our assets are sold or acquired by another party, or in the event of a merger, you grant us the right to assign your personal information collected via the Services.
Your California Privacy Rights & How We Respond to Do-Not-Track Disclosures
California Civil Code Section 1798.83 permits visitors to the Services who are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us by e-mailing us at email@example.com.
We do not share personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes unless you consent to such disclosure, typically by “opting in” to receive information from a third party that is participating in a sweepstakes or other promotion on one of our Services. If you do ask us to share your personal information with a third party for its marketing purposes, we will only share information in connection with that specific promotion, as we do not share information with any third party (other than our service providers) on a continual basis.
At this time our Services do not recognize automated browser signals regarding tracking mechanisms, which may include ‘do not track’ instructions.
Changes to Our Privacy Statement
We may update this Privacy Statement from time to time. If we make material changes to our Privacy Statement, we will notify you and other users by posting the changes on the Bungalow Services or by using the contact information you have on file with us and will indicate when such changes will become effective. By continuing to use our Services you are agreeing to be bound by any changes or revisions made to this Privacy Statement.
If you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding our Privacy Statement or practices, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at the following address:
Bungalow Living, Inc.
One Letterman Drive, C-3500
San Francisco, CA 94129
Effective: February 8th, 2017